Well I thought I was going to be sharing a delicious parsnip fry recipe with you today, but due to my recipe being a big fail, that is not going to happen. Cam and I have tried parsnip fries before and we both loved them, so I thought we would give them a try again with eggs for breakfast. To my surprise, our parsnip fries were a huge mess this time around. They were chewy and wimpy and just all around bad.
They actually were so bad that even Cam (who always puts things nicely) had no problem admitting these were ‘not the best’.
Although this may be the universe telling me to stick to my regular oats breakfast routine, I am determined to master some kind of breakfast fry recipe, so I’ll be trying a new kind of breakfast fry tomorrow morning…I’ll keep you posted.
Anyways, to save you from the pain of bad parsnip fries, I will instead share a lunch recipe with you. Luckily this one turned out!
One Pan Sausage Lunch (makes 3 servings):
One package of Extra Lean Turkey Sausages
2 handfuls of kale
2 Portabella Mushrooms (diced)
2 Zucchini (sliced into rounds)
Oregano and Thyme to taste
Approx. 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- Start by cooking sausages in a large pan.
- Remove cooked sausages and set aside while you cook your other ingredients.
- Start cooking your zucchini (let cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often) with desired spices
- Add your mushrooms and let cook with the zucchini
- Finally, when your mushrooms and zucchini are cooked and just about ready to be done, add your kale.
- Cook until kale is wilted
- Add Sausages back into the pan and mix in with your other ingredients.
- Let cool and serve!
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
I want to hear from you!
What was your biggest recipe ‘fail’?
Do you use any breakfast ‘fry’ recipes?
Until next time,